Sunday 13 April 2014

£1,716.25 raised for Kidscape - thank you!

Thank you to everyone for the generous donations - the Essex GrappleThon team have raised well over £1,700 for children's charity Kidscape! For a smaller club this is excellent, and is way beyond the £250 target I had originally set for the team. Over £1,400 was raised via the team's Just Giving page and over £300 was raised on the day from donations from the team, our excellent supporters and the fight-wear auction.



A massive thank you to all my team mates at Origin MMA Academy and friends for taking part, without whom the day wouldn't have been a success.  I'm truly honoured to know and train with such awesome people. We are more than a team, we're family! A special thank you to Marc Walder for his support and being an inspiration to all involved in BJJ. Thank you to my BJJ coach Spencer Hewitt for his support and use of the gym. A big shout out to the kids class and thanks to all the supporters for providing an excellent atmosphere and food! Thanks to Meerkatsu, Battle Gear BJJ and Shieldwall MMA for providing excellent items for the auction. Lastly, much love and thanks to my beautiful wife Lisa and kids Zac and Isabella.

See you all next year for GrappleThon 2015!
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, well done Mike! Let me know the dates for next year's event when you have them and I'll try to make it down. I'm probably going to organise another one here in Bristol during March 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete